On Air Now

Your Harrogate Radio

10:00pm - 6:30am

Now Playing

Huey Lewis & The News

The Power Of Love

Car catches fire in Harrogate multi-storey due to electrical fault

Fire crews were called to a car that caught fire inside a multi-storey car park in Harrogate yesterday.

Car catches fire in Harrogate multi-storey due to electrical fault ire crews were called to a car that caught fire inside a multi-storey car park in Harrogate yesterday (Sunday). The car caught alight yesterday morning in the Victoria Car Park on East Parade. It’s believed it was caused by an electrical fault to a CD system in the car’s boot. Firefighters arrived at 9:38am to distinguish the blaze, a North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said. The North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue log said:

“Fire crews used a hosereel, breathing apparatus, thermal camera and tools to access and extinguish the fire, with the cause attributed to an electrical fault to a CD multi-changer in the car boot.”
Read more local stories from Your Harrogate here.

More from Local News