On Air Now

Your Harrogate Radio

4:00pm - 6:30am

Now Playing

Harry Styles

Music For A Sushi Restaurant

Firefighters called as BBQ and dropped cigarette cause fires in Harrogate

Firefighters were called to two separate incidents in Harrogate last night. Crews from Harrogate and Knaresborough were first called to an incident on Rosewood Crescent at 9:14pm in which a BBQ ignited a nearby petrol can and caused fire damage to the back of the property. Firefighters extinguished the fire using one hose reel, although the back door suffered 5% heat damage according to the service's Incident Summary. A Harrogate crew were then called to a small fire on Cold Bath Road at around 12:23am when an armchair was set alight in a home. The incident was caused by a dropped cigarette and the resident was able to extinguish the fire prior to the crew's arrival. Crews ventilated the property and gave advice to the individual involved. Read more local stories from Your Harrogate here.

More from Local News